Civil Air Patrol Fact Sheet
Washington Wing Reports to Congress
Federal Government Relations Advisor
State Government Relations Advisor
Duties of the Government Relations Officer
- Advises and assists the commander in the areas of state appropriations and congressional activities to include:
- Keeping congressional delegations informed on CAP activities.
- Maintaining liaison with local and state government officials.
- Monitoring legislation on matters affecting CAP..
- With wing commander’s concurrence, initiates and monitors wing fund-raising activities to include the obtaining of grants from major industries within the wing.
- The Government Relations Advisor should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws; CAPP 110-1, Federal Statues Affecting Civil Air Patrol; and all other legislation affecting CAP at local and state levels. Should also be familiar with current CAP regulations on fund raising activities.